I was searching for a list of suggested gifts for African American/Black girls, and I quickly came to realize there isn’t one! Since I have reviewed a few books and I’ve had the opportunity to check out a few goods and merchandise, I decided to create my very own list of “Gifts for African American/ Black Girls”. The list includes items for young girls as well as teen girls. I am sure this list may change or I may add to it. You are welcome to leave your suggestions as well! Here goes! (I want to get this list out while there is still time to order for the holiday!)
1. The Holy Bible (The Best Book for African American/Black Girls)- Visit a christian book store or any book store, and select a nice Bible. Personalize it and write inside the cover, “There is a Man in this Book that will love you more than any man or woman ever could. Seek Him”.
2. Sweet Honey Child Products by Jeri Stone – Products that reflect their beauty, sense of style, culture and celebrates their heritage.
3. “Loving Me”, By Angelot Ndongmo (Great Self Esteem for Young African American/Black Girls)
4. Pretty Puff Dolls by Crystal Andrews – Black dolls with natural hair!
5. Sunkissed Girlz T-Shirts by Yaniqure Redwood of Sunkissed Girlz (Positive website for African American/Black Girls)
6. Cool, Confident and Strong: 52 Power Moves for Girls – by Cassandra Mack(Great book for buiding confidence in African American/Black Teen Girls)
7. MyLela Back Pack - by Lela LTD – Backpack with an adorable picture of a beautiful black girl
8. Charmzworld by Aqua C. Nixon – Merchandise for African American/Black girls.
9. I Love My Cotton Candy Hairby Nicole Updegraff (Great book for young African American/Black Girls)
10. Bible Covers for Little Girls/Teen Girls – as seen on It’s A Black Thang.com
11. Princess Bible Cover by Thomas Nelson at Family Christian Stores (click to view larger image)
Do you know of any books or products that should be listed here? Please leave a comment with your suggestions!